Saturday, February 7, 2009

Message to Reebok: Go Rondo yourself


On the rare occasion that I click on an internet advertisements, I have a legitimate twinge of curiosity that wants to be satiated immediately. Of course it's not quite what Chris Mathews would call "thrill going up my leg." Still, the expectation to see or read the commercial immediately is there.

So when I clicked on 'Reebok Presents: Get Rondo'd,' with a picture of Rajon Rondo on it, I wanted to find out what it means to get Rondo'd. Instead of watching, I was told by Yahoo Videos that the promotion had started and to come back at the scheduled start time.

Besides not telling me what it means to 'get Rondo'd,' they did not even tell me what that scheduled advertising time was or even a link to see it. Of course they should not flatter themselves. The general public or myself do not schedule our lives around commercials, with the one exception of the Super Bowl. So Rondo off Reebok. That's what it means to get Rondo'd. Thanks for letting me and countless others know.

If I haven't even went to Hang In There Jack dot com (a brilliant advertising campaign) to see if Mr. Box will survive his accident then I'm certainly not Rondo'd up enough in the head to schedule time to see what it means to get Rondo'd. Ironically they did do the third definition of Rondo'ing me when they created an optical illusion that I would see their commercial. But in the end they can Rondo off.


No comments:

Post a Comment