Sunday, February 20, 2011

Trying to run no matter the weather.

Well I set a goal to run 10 miles each week starting this January. Living in Manitoba, Canada in January running outside can be a bit "cool" jog. Week one went for two runs total 12miles, -30c with the windchill. Next week two runs, total 10miles, -25c with windchill. Then some thing happened with the weather, was -5c to +4c the next two weeks. It was icy but with some spikes on my runner I had fast fun runs. 5 weeks in and it's going, maybe all bump up the miles for march.

That brings me today with windchill feels like -25c. I have my MP3 charging, I don't want to go out side. Anyone that likes to jog has been there, good weather or bad. The times you have to make yourself go for a run. You know you will feel better after a good jog, but you have to make yourself do it. The weather was better last week. It's to cold. (Three weeks ago I was running in colder weather) I have been jogging for 9 years is this ever going to get easier. I like jogging but why is there have to be this fight with my "will" now and then.

Right now it's 3pm the sun is out, at -25 with windchill, it's as nice out as it's going to get. So with that, I'm going to put on long jonh's and two more layers, gloves, with only my eyes that are not cover up and head out. My "Will" do stay in will not win. Weather it nice out or not, here we go, I'm a jogger and I will make myself love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment